Sunday, January 24, 2016

Parent Christmas Quilt

Each year I have been making a quilt for one of my sets of parents. This year was the fourth and final one. 

My dad and Verna are very outdoorsy. They love being at their properties and working on their projects. So for them I made an Irish Chain quilt in green. I found a pattern for the trees that I liked but after I bought it I found out it involved buying a specific template. I thought that was useless so I created my own pattern.


I don't have enough floor space so I borrowed the gym at the local church and pinned the layers together while the kids ran around. 


 I embroidered the trees on by hand and machine quilted the whole quilt on my domestic machine.


During the process I found out what happens when you sew over a safety pin. Not so good. But I was lucky. It didn't even break the needle! But it definitely needed changing after that!


Here is the finished product! I love how it turned out! I need to make another one!










I think Dad and Verna enjoyed it too! Merry Christmas!


No comments: