Monday, November 20, 2017

Quilt Days Auction for LDS Hospital

 I have started to attend an organization of hand quilters. They meet once a month at LDS Hospital to work on quilts. Which is just perfect, because I really want to perfect my hand quilting skills.  Every other year they action off the finished quilts and donate all the proceeds to an organization that needs help. For example, this year they are donating to the hospital's mental health program.

They have an open house for about a week before that auction to display all of their hard work. Last week I went with a bunch of quilt guild ladies I know, and admired all the work.

I know I have helped on a couple of quilts, but I haven't done a lot of work compared to some other ladies. This one was fairly recent, so I remember working on it. I did some work around the border.


It was fun to see my name on the list of the quilters.




It was all very fun to look at. There are some amazing quilters in this organization. 





 This red and black one is made of old ties and suit scraps from the old ZCMI alterations department. It is bordered with the suit tags. What a lovely idea!





All of the snowflakes hanging from the ceiling had been hand cut  and were very intricate!


This feathered snowflake is a quilt put together by the organization's board.



There are so many of these I would love to make! I feel blessed to be apart of such a lovely organization.

No comments: