Monday, December 19, 2016

Sports T-shirt Quilt

I was contacted by a friend of a friend to make this shirt quilt for a daughter who is a sports star!

I started out by rough cutting each shirt, ironing on stabilizer on the back, then cutting them to size. Each square is 12.5 inches across, but they all vary in length, depending on the design on the shirt. 


Then I pieced them all together, starting in vertical strips, centering them together, adding filler blocks, piecing the strips together, and adding a border to bring it to size.


Then I layered on the batting a back fabric that the mom picked out. Then i quilted it like crazy. I used my favorite design or a meandering swirly line. It creates a lot of movement, is easy to fill areas, and I can start and stop easily and hide it easily.


Then I added a coordinating hem.



I love the way it turned out. And the mom loves it too. She is giving it to her daughter for Christmas!

No comments: